Ascendio!
Ascendio!
Ascendio!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ascendio!

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry RPG

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Ascendio!
The site has been moved to a better location:
http://xoxascendioxox.proboards.com/
Headmistress:
Mavis Cerdwin

Deputy Headmaster:
Alastair Weatherby
Professors:
Jacqueline Walker - Astronomy, Muggle Studies
Cuthbert Binns - Pre-FOH History of Magic
Demitri Urien - Potions Master, Occulmency, Legilimency
Hanley Lugaid - Post FOH History of Magic
Alexander Lawson - Ancient Runes
Head Girl:
Edolie Holcombe

Head Boy:
Alec Lightwood

Hufflepuff Prefects:

Ravenclaw Prefects:
Clary Fairchild

Gryffindor Prefects:
Isabelle Lightwood

Slytherin Prefects:
Aurora Lawson
Hufflepuff :: 180 | Ravenclaw :: 235 | Gryffindor :: 210 | Slytherin :: 245

Pocket Full of Dreams

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile
Age; Actual and Apparent: 17
Alliance: Neautral/Unaffiliated

Pocket Full of Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime9th May 2010, 16:14

Although the dungeons of Hogwarts were dark, dank, and cold, they were the best place to hide out. Chad was sure that he would find some where in the labyrinthine dungeons where he could set up a private area to think and plan and perhaps actually act out his plans. He had always wanted to run a paper and the best place to start was Hogwarts, there wasn’t one yet so he wouldn’t have to be under any narrow minded snots. Just the thought of the older students that he had had to work under at his Muggle school while he wrote for the school paper made him fume. They were constantly editing his column, in other words, taking out anything with any real meaning.

The chamber was perfect. Not easily found, not too small, but not too big either. It has the air of a place that was rarely visited by the living. He highly doubted that many students would be adventurous enough to find the place any how. Chad let the bag on his shoulder slip off and set it against a wall on the side and began to light the lanterns slowly so that he could properly take in the area where he would likely spend much of the next year. And then he began to get to work to set up a sort of station for himself.
Back to top Go down
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile
Age; Actual and Apparent: 12(Almost 13)

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime10th May 2010, 14:36

Olivander slid silently through the dungeons, his wand lit with a very faint lumos, just enough to see if a wall was infront of him or not. Working his way through, he was hoping to shake the unkind Slytherin who decided firing snakes in different directions would be funny.
'Ha ha...Who's laughing now that your lost in the dungeons, Slytherin?...Wait...I'm lost in the dungeons...' He thought to himself silently. As he walked he began to smell...Smoke? panicking a bit he soon saw faint lights...Then torches...Then...

"Er...You wouldn't know how to get out of here?" He asked Chad. He was a bit oblivious of the bag that had parchment coming out of some slots at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime10th May 2010, 14:58

Chad Donovan jumped and spun around and then saw his fellow Slytherin. After the moment of panic was over he grasped his chest, gasped and said with a slight chuckle, "I nearly pissed myself!"

After a moment longer of gathering his wits, Chad said, "Yeah, I marked the walls so I could find my way out... What are you doing down here?" The only other house he had least expected to find a student down there from was Hufflepuff. He hadn't expected a fellow Ravenclaw to go down there unless they had a potions lesson and that was a ways off from where he was.
Back to top Go down
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime10th May 2010, 15:16

Olivander laughed a little at the first comment, then sighed.
" A slytherin chased me down here- and I managed to get lost, so... Marked the walls? So, like...Your either making a map or have an idea for this place, right?" He said/asked/stated, while looking around slowly. It smelled like wet dog and blood, and he could literally hear the running water in the pipes around him. It'd have to of been a long time sense anyone had actually used this part of the school...Infact, if he checked one of the maps of Hogwarts in the History of Hogwarts book, he doubted he'd even find this area...

"Erm...I'm Olivander Shores, by the way..." He said as he finished taking in the surroundings. It was a curious place to have been coming to, on Chad's behalf...It'd be a curious place to die in after he didn't make it out alive, on Olivander's half...
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime10th May 2010, 15:29

"Bloody Slytherins..." Chad thought with a scowl, "Act exactly the way I had read..."

The fact that someone had already found the location and suspected him of something irritated Chad quite a bit, but he was happy that person was a fellow Ravenclaw. Having to find a new place to run the news paper seemed an extremely daunting task at that point. "Yeah, I remember you from the sorting. Chad Donovan. You're a first year, right?" he said in an attempt at steering away from the reason he was in that area of the dungeons in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime10th May 2010, 15:42

"Yeah.... You'd be sixth or seventh, right?" He asked, a bit curious about that part to.
Olivander shot a quick glance down to the bag with parchment in it. Besides what was overflowing, he couldn't tell if it was homework or just blank paper. Judging from the lights, it could've been a hiding area- but it was still hard to tell...He supposed he'd know sooner or later, and with that, pushed the subject a bit further back in his mind for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime10th May 2010, 16:05

((I'll try to give you some extra information about the site that I know from the old one. Hopefully it hasn't changed. Doubt it has though.))

Chad nodded "Yeah, seventh. Be glad the school re-opened during what would be your first year...I have six to make up for. The Headmistress said that older students can stay past seventeen to make up for it though, since there aren't any laws having to do with age anymore...or anything else for that matter. I spent some time in the library reading up on the old laws. Some were pretty strange..." As Chad spoke, he followed Olivander's gaze. "You'll learn about all of that soon enough though."
Back to top Go down
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime10th May 2010, 16:14

Olivander nodded as he said the last part.
"Laws? Like...Stealing? Or..." He paused, remembering something he'd been warned about.
'Never point your wand and say an of these three words...Imperio,Crucio, or Avada Kedevera.'
His uncle had whispered. So far he hadn't used any- except finding out what crucio did by pointing at a squirrel...That squirrel tried to bite him when it was released...

"That sounds a bit awkward though..." He added, reffering to the staying after seventh year.
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime10th May 2010, 16:38

"Yeah, but I doubt I would be able to do much of anything professional wise with what I learn here anyway..." Chad said in response to the last thing Olivander said.

"There were some laws that have to do with stealing, but there was stuff like you can't apparate and disapparate until you're of age, which was seventeen back then. Had to look up what apparating and disapparating are. Sounds fun. Under-aged witches and wizards couldn't do magic outside of school. Muggles couldn't know about magic unless they were the family of a Muggle Born, such as myself, or the Prime Minister or President and the like. That was all in the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy of 1692.

I'd bet I haven't seen the strangest of them though. Haven't even made a dent where old laws are concerned," Chad finished after realizing that he was probably going far too deep into the whole thing at that moment. "Shall I show you the way out then?"
Back to top Go down
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime10th May 2010, 16:46

"Sure." He said, preparing to leave...Then realized he could probably figure something out using a joke item- extendable ears his grandpa called them. Walking the wrong way on purpose he slid his hand across the wall, pulled it off, and slipped a string into his pocket.
"Oops...' He muttered, and turned back.
"Sorry- it is dark down here..." He said with a smirk, then waited for Chad to show him out.
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime11th May 2010, 19:46

Chad followed Olivander out of the room and was about to tell him he was going the wrong way when he corrected himself.

"Stay close then and keep quiet incase we come across any Slytherin," Chad said before muttering "Lumos," and walking onward. He followed the corridor until he reached a fork and lifted his wand to see that the marking, that he had made as high as possible on the wall, had indicated to go left. Chad did so and continued to check for his markings at any intersection or fork. He had to hiss "nox" a few times when movement and voices were heard ahead. To his delight, he never once actually saw anyone, only heard them, which isn't surprising when taking the acoustics in the dungeons. Finally they found themselves at the stairs that would take them to the main floor.

"Here we go," Chad said, turning to Olivander. "The main floor is right up those steps. You need anything, let me know. I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone that I was down here for any reason other than classes." He had said it all very hurridly, not out of rudeness, but in want to get a news paper site set up that night. The age and height of Olivander made him doubt that the boy would be able to see the markings that Chad had left, so he would try out that spot to see if it would work.

((Hopefully none of that is considered God Modding. Let me know if you have a problem with any of it and I can change it.))
Back to top Go down
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime12th May 2010, 14:12

((It's fine- it's not like you had everyone do the chicken dance.))

Olivander nodded, shifted his wand to the rubbery line in his pocket that led to the extendable ear, muttered something, and extended the lines' length.
"Thank you." He said, and walked away, keeping the ear well hidden as he turned up the stairs and ducked down on the railing. quickly he pressed the round end of the rubbery line to his right ear and began to listen and wait.

And wait...And wait. How long until that guy made it back to the room? Olivander had made sure to camo the ear, right? Right?... looking down at the visible part of the dungeon, he saw the string blended into the wall....With a sigh he waited once more.
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime12th May 2010, 14:44

((Hah, I should have. Best line dance ever.))

Chad watched the boy ascend the stairs and then began to make is way back to the chamber in which he had left his things and planned to use for the making of the school news paper. When he reached the room he sighed and muttered, "This is going to take ages..." but began scoping out the chamber better. It could do with some cleaning, so he pulled out a book that he had borrowed from the library on just that and began to try the spells. Some of them took several tries, but most proved to be pretty easy to do.

"This would have been nice for all of those years of chores," he muttered to himself, but continued to clear much of the dust and grime. After not long he shrugged and figured that it was good enough.

"Now for desks..." he said thoughtfully as he tried to remember where that room had been that was filled with unused desks and chairs. He made his way back through the dungeon for a bit and finally found the dungeon turned storage room. One desk and chair would be enough for the time being, considering the fact that he was the only one who was a part of the newspaper thus far. He listened at the door and then started to drag the desk with a chair stacked on it through the corridors. Stopping every now and then to listen for anyone else who might be wandering the dungeons.

When he reached the chamber he had singled out, he pushed the desk up to the nearest wall, took the chair down and pulled up his bag. Chad sat and started to think up ideas for the name of the newspaper. "The....Hogwarts Times? Too...typical..."
Back to top Go down
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime12th May 2010, 14:50

Olivander rolled his eyes. Hogwarts times. Wow, so original... With a sigh he began following his extendable ear's line back. Yeah- who said twelve year olds couldn't think? about two corners from the room, he paused, hearing something...
'Petrificus Total-" A slytherin. Quickly Olivander whipped around, ripping his wand from his jeans in time to shout the first spell he thought of...And he didn't even know it existed.
"Expelleramus!" he bellowed. The blue, harsh lights slammed down on the Slytherin's wand, knocking it, and him, over with great force....Then the idiot hit his head and passed out.

Olivander held his head for a moment, dazed and confused... He could've sworn he'd seen a pale man in place of the slytherin...Waving it off, he waited for Chad to appear and yell at him.
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime12th May 2010, 15:13

While Chad was thinking and scribbling down ideas for what he should call the newspaper he heard a sudden ruckus echoing from the corridors. He pulled out the wand he had recently acquired and dashed down the corridors until he came upon to students. Chad looked at the Slytherin student that lay on the floor and then at Olivander.

"Well, seems you can defend yourself. I thought I already showed you the way out of here," he said, a tad annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime12th May 2010, 15:18

"...You did...I just thought maybe you'd need an idea for a name for a paper?" He said more then asked, yanking on the string. The extendable ear turned back to it's skin color, the ear part flying into his hand.
"And so I thought I'd suggest a name. I got the idea from a room on the seventh floor that had this book about a secret class...Hogwart's Army....The class was called Dumbledore's Army- so I figured I may as well suggest it as long as I decided I was going to eavesdrop." He said, still a bit too dazed from the strange man that turned out to be a Slytherin- he didn't noticed Chad had become agrivated.
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime12th May 2010, 15:58

Chad raised a brow as the ear appeared and the boy spoke. "That wasn't a class...according to the history books it was a secret group that Harry Potter started in retaliation. You really should hit the Library..." he said half amused by the first year. "I don't want to upset any of the teachers and make them think that anyone who has to do with the paper is out to get them...just in case they do figure out who has to do with it. Guess I have to let a little sleuth like you in on it all, eh?" Chad said and then motioned at the ear.
Back to top Go down
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime13th May 2010, 14:30

Olivander nodded- he'd managed to get his way for once. Score one for the first year!
...Kind of.
"Hmmm...Well then...Witch Watchers?...Or does that sound to much like a magazine?"

((sorry for short post- writers block...))
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime13th May 2010, 14:38

((That's alright. Mine likely won't be much longer.))

Chad held back a laugh, "Does sound sorta like a stalker magazine..." he began to walk again and stumbled upon the Slytherin's wand. With a swift kick, the wand flew further into the darkness. "I want something that sounds professional. I want people to take this paper seriously when we get it going, serious enough for the professors to be worried about it, but I still don't want them to think we're out for blood." He began walking along the corridor.
Back to top Go down
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime13th May 2010, 14:46

"...What'd you have in mind?" He asked, trying to think. Shrieking Shack Times? Pathetic...Hogsmead News? Worse...This could take a while...
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime13th May 2010, 14:59

"Eh, we have time to come up with a name for it later," he said as he came upon the chamber and entered. "We'll need stories before we can even make the paper...and people to help. The problem is, you never know who you can trust." He stopped and grimaced at the pathetic desk and chair that thus far consisted of the "office". This dungeon just wasn't going to work out. Especially if Slytherin students were going to come across it.

Chad turned toward Olivander and asked, "Where was that room you were talking about? That one where you found the Dumbledore's Army book?"
Back to top Go down
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime13th May 2010, 15:45

"Seventh Floor- I'd have to go back to know the exact directions." He said, turning to walk back. As he turned his hair went from brown to silvery blue, his eyes turning yellow. He didn't really have control over the Metamorphmagus thing yet- it just happened randomely...You should see it when he's pacing...

((So do we switch threads now, or continue here?))
Back to top Go down
Chad Donovan
Mod
Chad Donovan

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime14th May 2010, 18:14

((Let's continue in here for now... I'll inform the Admin and see if they can make an area is the Room of Requirements specifically for THT since it turns into whatever is needed. Then we can continue the thread in there.))

Chad gathered his belongings and said, "Alright then, let's see this room. Perhaps it'll work better for us, or help us find a better place cause this obviously isn't working." As Chad followed Olivander down the corridor he noticed that the boys hair seemed to be changing. Chad thought that he was seeing things because it wasn't obvious that it was doing so at first, but it did indeed change to an unmistakable silvery-blue. Having not yet gotten to that part of any book, Chad had no clue as to why that suddenly happened.

"Did that Slytherin hit you with a spell or something? Your hair is a different colour!" he said as he caught up with the boy. It was then that he saw Olivanders eyes. "You're eyes are a different colour too...maybe we should go to the Hospital Wing first..."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character Profile
Age; Actual and Apparent: Approximately 2,001,398,380,202 - give or take a few billion.

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime15th May 2010, 09:14

((I made a Hogwarts Tribune Headquarters in the Room of Requirements. Feel free to roleplay in there now.))
Back to top Go down
https://ascendio.rpg-board.net
Olivander Shores
Mod
Olivander Shores

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime15th May 2010, 09:53

"Hmm? Oh! No, it's fine. Somehow I was born as a Metamorphmagus- My grandpa thinks it has to do with my mom being a squib, like maybe she was supposed to be a metamorphmagus...I don't really know, but...Anyway, this way." He said, giving an attempt to turn his hair back to normal. Instead it turned electric blue. Quickly moving to the next flight of stairs before they moved again,he worked his way up to the seventh floor...

continued in RoR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Full of Dreams   Pocket Full of Dreams I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pocket Full of Dreams
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ascendio! :: Staff Only :: Archive-
Jump to: